Friday, December 4, 2015

Eggless Date Cake With 'Less' Calories

On our last anniversary I made this Black Forest cake. 


In case you missed the subtle hint, I made it from scratch. Yes, I baked two cakes, made icing and decorated it. It felt like an accomplishment as I did it from the first time, I had no instruments for decorating it. I used whatever I had in my kitchen. My husband loved it. Tomorrow is my birthday and I thought of baking my very famous Dates Cake. As I am on a weight loss program, I thought of making it in a healthy way. So, here’s what I did -

Ingredients -

Dates - 8-10
Milk - 1 Cup
Sugar free - ½ Cup
All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
Refined Oil - ¾ Cup
Baking Powder - 1 ½  Tablespoon
Nuts - To Garnish

Method -

Finely chop the dates and soak them in lukewarm milk overnight. If you are in a hurry, boil the milk and soak it for half an hour.

Blend milk and dates, and make a smooth paste.

Add refined oil and sugar free to this paste and give your mixer another swirl or two.

Pour this in a bowl. Now the actual work begins - first sieve all purpose flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Now in this date-milk-sugar-refined oil mix, add one spoon at a time and mix it properly. Working in this manner, add the entire flour and baking powder mix. Reason behind doing it this way is to mix it properly. If you have a big mixer for cakes. Your work is a lot easier. Otherwise, toil like me.

Now, grease your pan with oil and pour the cake mix into it. Gently tap the pan on the floor or your shelf to let the air bubbles escape. This helps in rising when the baking is in process. In the end, garnish it with chopped nuts. I like it nut-free.

Pre-heat your oven or OTG to 180 degrees celsius and bake it for 15-20 minutes. You will see that the cake rises and when the top is dark brown (as compared to what it was before), take a tooth-pick and insert it in the middle to check whether its done or not. If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. Take it out of the oven and let it cool.

When your cake is cooled down, take a plate and flip the cake on it. If the cake is nicely baked, it will look like this -



So, this is what I made for my birthday. Try this at home, it is the best recipe of Eggless Cake that I’ve ever tried. Plus, sugar free!


4 comments:

  1. Yummy...plus it's eggless, so I can try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With bistroMD you know that not only will you receive tasty entrees, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss program is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that's promoting an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - See your menu before ordering and pick the entrees you want for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet plan online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your doorstep.

    TRY IT NOW - delivered to your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is amazing I liked it too much, if you would like to something like that you can find it here visit sugar freedom spray – sugar substitutes

    ReplyDelete